Full Stack Engineer - Ruby / VueJS - Bangalore
Sephora South East Asia is a high growth division of leading global beauty retailer, Sephora. Our teams run omni-channel retail businesses in Singapore, Thailand, Australia and Malaysia, franchise operations in India & Indonesia and we run e-commerce only businesses (the first in the world globally for Sephora!) in Philippines, Hong Kong SAR and New Zealand. Our success is built on innovation, a unique product portfolio, market leading digital capability, and our exceptional people! With ambitious growth plans we are always looking for talented people who are passionate about building businesses and developing themselves and our customers'experience.
What you will do:
- Collaborating with the regional Engineering team, you will be designing services, building clean, highly scalable systems, managing complex integrations for the creation of features and products to support the E-Commerce platform, various internal and external backend services.
- You make it possible for us to deliver an engaging customer experience to our many fans, and ensure that the online store is able to provide a unique Sephora online experience, yet complementing our customers retail shopping experience at the same time.
- Reporting to our Engineering Manager, New and Franchise Markets, you will work on projects and build products which directly impact our revenue and customer satisfaction - two of our key metrics for success.
- You will be designing services, building clean, highly scalable systems, managing complex integrations for the creation of features and products on our ecommerce platforms to support our internal Franchise team and external franchise partners.
You are interested to use technology to improve and drive the business forward
- You are willing to work on the different parts of our technology stack
- You are willing to be involved in end-to-end software development, including gathering of requirements and understanding of pain points from various stakeholders
- You are willing to work in a distributed team across multiple geographic locations and timezones
- You are a team player and willing to work with other teams in the company (Product Managers, UI / UX Designers, Software Engineers) to customize, adopt and/or implement features for the local market
- You value core software engineering practices (i.e. Testing, Scalability, Clean code)
- You enjoy constantly learning, independent, not afraid of making mistakes along the way and learning from them
You will enjoy working with our technology team, who maintain a flexible and innovative culture whilst benefiting from the resources of Sephora in Southeast Asia. We drive an autonomous and collaborative working culture with a vision for excellence.